Spoonflower -- Buy Original Designed Fabric

Sunday, January 25, 2009

NY is the UNcity....

B"H

Someone commented on one of the comments I made on the Muslims Against Sharia blog (I mostly agreed with what (s)he had to say, (see the comments on the bottom of this page) but I felt the need to comment anyway...) and this is what I answered:

I personally think the UN has outlived its usefulness as a peace keeping organization. I'm beginning to understand the wisdom of the US not joining the League of Nations (Wilson to the contrary notwithstanding) after WWI.

The problem, as I see it, with the UN is that blocs of nations (such as the former Warsaw bloc and the current Arab/Muslim bloc) can easily co opt the organization and, together with other blocs that are afraid to "anger" them, the business of the UN becomes trying to get the one country that would live in peace without anyone else's intervention, condemning that country and forcing her to make unhealthy (from a security perspective) concessions (like freeing murderous criminal terrorists from prisons so they can kill again and allow an avowed enemy to get the government to agree to force brave, peace loving people from their homes).

IMHO, the UN should be disbanded, kicked out of New York (I'm sure New York City could use the extra revenue that would provide) and change its name to the "union of Arab/Muslim and Muslim-fearing states" to actually reflect what it truly IS.

European governments cower from the Arab and Muslim people living in their lands. What they fail to realize is that these people are doing what they can do anyway -- angering them isn't going to change anything. They are perpetually angry. As a Jew, I know I'm a target anyway, just by existing. I realize that means I don't have to kowtow to them. By doing what they want, we are showing them weakness, in their eyes. Fight for what you believe in. Fight while there is still something to fight for. If things keep up the way they are going, there will be nothing left to fight for all to soon.


Check out my squidoo lenses (articles):

Strong Biblical Women
Strong Biblical Women 2
Why Be Vegetarian
Vegetarianism: Getting Started 1
Vegetarianism: Getting Started 2
Rosh Hashana
Quick Vegan Cooking
Creating new recipes from old
Strong Biblical Women Part 3
Hanuka
About the Jewish Calendar
Witches and Morality
Presidential Trivia Quiz
Christmas and the Jewish Single
Math Hints 1 -- Adding Fractions
Presidents1: George Washington
Passover: Holiday of Freedom
Ruth and Naomi
John and John Quincy Adams
Television Trivia Quiz
Tamar -- Mother of Kings
Jewish Perspective of G-d
Why I'm a Red Sox Fan

Check out my other blogs:

Jewish Sandwich
Jewish Singles
Strong Jewish Women
Israel and its place in the world
Everything Goes

Check out my other merchandise:

Other merchandise
Ties, Shoes, etc. on Zazzle

No comments: